Mailing Address: Holland Township Tax Collector, 61 Church Road, Milford, NJ 08848
Please make checks payable to Holland Township Tax Collector
*Tax & Sewer Payments must be paid by separate checks
2023 Final Rate Breakdown
County Tax 0.403
County Library 0.040
County Open Space 0.038
District School Tax 1.668
Regional School Tax 0.795
Municipal Purpose 0.189
Total 2023 Rate 3.133
Property Tax Bills
- Property tax bills are mailed once a year in September and contain four quarterly payment stubs. Only for the August quarter you will receive a separate estimated tax bill mailed in June.
- Taxes are due February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1. Postmarks are not accepted. Post-dated checks are not accepted.
- The township grants a 10-day grace period. Any taxes remaining unpaid after the grace period ends are subject to interest at the rate of 8% per annum on the first $1,500 and 18% per annum for any amount over $1,500 retroactive to the first of the month. A penalty of 6% will be charged on any delinquency in excess of $10,000 if not paid by the end of the fiscal year. Any municipal lien remaining unpaid on the eleventh month of the current fiscal year is subject to Tax Sale at any time thereafter (Ch.99, P.L. 1997)
- Separate checks are required for tax and sewer payments.
- If you pay your taxes through your mortgage company, the statement will say, "This is not a bill, for advice only." Mortgage companies do not pay your utility bills.
- If you receive an "advice only" statement, but do not have a mortgage company, use this statement to pay your taxes. Your mortgage company should send us a notice to remove your bank code.
- When selling your property, this bill must be handed over to the new owner at the time of closing.
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt you from paying taxes or delinquent interest on taxes. Interest is not permitted to be waived.
- *For information on the Homestead Benefit Program contact the Division of Taxation at: 1-888-238-1233. For information on the Property Tax Reimbursement Program, also known as the Senior Tax Freeze and PTR Program, please contact the PTR Hotline at: 1-800-882-6597 or visit the website https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/relief.shtml
- Payments: may be made by mail, online, or in person at our office during regular business hours.
- Payment online: using Edmund’s WIPP allows you to make a one-time payment by credit card or checking account ACH payment.
Convenience fees are being assessed from the company processing the electronic payments.
The following fees will apply for online tax and sewer payments:
- e-check - $1.95 per transaction
- Visa Debit - $3.95 per transaction
- All other debit/credit cards - 2.95% of payment
- e-check - $1.95 per transaction
- debit/credit cards - 2.95% of payment
Property Tax and Sewer Rent Due Dates
Taxes: 2/1, 5/1, 8/1, 11/1
Sewer: 3/1, 6/1, 9/1, 12/1
Payments received after the 10th will be charged interest back to the 1st
Interest Rates are 8% up to $1500.00 and 18% on amounts over $1500.00
Postmarks are not accepted
Post Dated Checks are not accepted
The New Jersey Homestead benefit program was replaced with the ANCHOR program (Affordable New Jersey Communities for Homeowners and Renters). To learn more about this program, please visit: https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/anchor/index.shtml
To find out additional information or to ask questions by phone, please call: 1-888-238-1233
Residents who are 65 and over or permanently disabled may be eligible to apply for the New Jersey Senior Freeze program (PTR). The Senior Freeze Program reimburses eligible senior citizens and disabled persons for property tax or mobile home park site fee increases on their principal residence (main home). To qualify, you must meet all the eligibility requirements for each year from the base year through the application year. To find out the eligibility requirements, visit the senior freeze website at: https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/ptr/eligibility.shtml or by phone, 1-800-882-6597
Payments can be conveniently made during the Municipal Building business hours Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00 via a locked box outside of the Municipal Clerks office or directly in the mail slot of the Tax Office door located downstairs next to the Police Station. An after-hours mail slot is also available at the front door of the Municipal building.