Department of Public Works
County Bridge H-95
Miller Park Road over Tributary to Hakihokake Creek
Leaf Collection – will begin on or about October 30, 2022 and go until snow starts to fall.
- Place your leaves in windrow fashion along the edge of your property within 6 feet of the edge of the road. Any leaves plowed off the roadway during a snow event will not be the responsibility of the DPW to clean up. The homeowner is responsible to re-rake the leaves to the proper location for leaf collection.
- DPW crews will make at least one round on ALL township roads to collect leaves. They will make every effort to clean up all the leaves you put out every round. If they cannot, please rake the remaining leaves to the edge of your property so they can be collected in the next round.
- DO NOT place your leaves in bags or on tarps.
- Avoid the placing of branches, rocks, debris, and other foreign materials in the leaf piles since this can result in injury to the Township personnel and damage equipment. (CREWS WILL BE INSTRUCTED NOT TO COLLECT LEAVES IF ANY DEBRIS IS PRESENT)
- Leaves can be brought to the Recycling Center on Saturdays from 9:00am until 3:00pm throughout the year.
Snow Removal –
- To prevent damage to your lawn, please install markers along your property about 12 inches off the edge of the road, this will allow the plow drivers to better judge where the road stops and your yard starts.
- Depositing of snow and/or ice on street- The Township will be enforcing Statue 148-11. Obstructions prohibited, which prohibits anyone from depositing snow or ice which accumulates on private property, on streets within the Township. Also, no homeowner or private contractor will leave plowed snow on public streets. It will be the responsibility of the individual that is plowing to push the snow against the curb or edge of the road. Please do not leave piles of snow in the middle of the street.
- Parking prohibited on snow covered streets – Please assist the Township in keeping roads clear during the winter months when it snows. Statue 170-17 Designation of Snow Emergency No Parking Areas provides that whenever snow has fallen and the accumulation is such that it covers the street or highway in the Township, an emergency shall exist and the parking of any vehicle is prohibited on any portion of a road, street, or highway.
- The above parking prohibition shall remain in effect after the snow has ceased and until the road, streets, or highways have been plowed sufficiently and to the extent that parking will not interfere with the normal flow of traffic.
- If a mailbox is hit by a Township snowplow or damaged due to snow thrown by a snowplow, the owner shall contact the Township within thirty (30) days to report the incident. Any claim submitted after 30 days will not be processed.
- The resident will replace the mailbox and submit an original receipt for the replacement along with a filled-out W-9 form. The township will reimburse the resident up to $50.00, but no more than the cost of the mailbox.