Applying for a Permit to Carry a Handgun
Holland Township Police will only issue permits to carry to full time township residents. Applicants that are not full-time residents may apply with the closest New Jersey State Police barracks.
- You must apply in person. **DO NOT JUST SHOW UP**
(908) 995-2804 x.501
Please provide the following at time of appointment:
- Driver’s License and Birth Certificate OR Driver’s License and Passport OR Driver’s License and Naturalization Paperwork/Green Card.
**Holland Township also requires a second form of address verification. Proof of residency via rental agreement, mortgage statement, tax bill or notarized letter from the homeowner.
- Three (3) State of New Jersey Applications for Permit to Carry a Handgun, form SP642. Must be double sided and notarized.
- Four (4) color passport size photographs. DO NOT attach to documents.
- Consent for Mental Health Search, form SP066. DO NOT SIGN OR WITNESS THIS FORM PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. THIS WILL BE DONE DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH AN OFFICER.
- a) Written proof of ownership and qualification with the handgun(s) you intend on carrying. a. Proof of ownership can be a purchase receipt or purchase permit or a notarized letter of ownership listing make, model, and serial number of handgun(s).
b) Written qualification must be within six (6) months of application and include Instructors Name and Certification, make, model, caliber and serial number of handgun(s) you intend to carry.
**Applicant must ensure that the instructor has been certified by either the NRA or PTC only.
- Money Order in the amount of $50.00 payable to; “Treasurer, State of New Jersey”
- Cash or check in the amount of $20.00 payable to; “Holland Township Police Department”
**Originals and copies of ALL documents must be provided at time of appointment. Copies will not be made by the Police Department.
** ALL APPLICANTS (INITIAL AND RENEWAL) FOR PERMIT TO CARRY A HANDGUN MUST BE FINGERPRINTED. DO NOT GET FINGERPRINTED UNTIL AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.
Visit www.IdentoGo.com to schedule your appointment.
Service Code: 2F164B – Firearms Licensing
Holland Township ORI: NJ0101500
** A NEW JERSEY PERMIT TO CARRY IS VALID FOR TWO (2) YEARS FROM TIME OF APPROVAL.
** IF ANY OF THE PRECEDING IS NOT COMPLETE OR INCORRECT THE APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-APPLY.